Contrary to the UFC’s finest women fighters UFC is not a good advertisement for women and martial arts. The idea is good, learning MMA to be a fighting machine but the reality comes crashing back to earth when you realise the pain involved in training for such a sport. So, martial arts classes for women….let’s face it getting dressed in the white pajamas does not have the sexiness of say Zumba. And being in competition with the yoga juggernaut at first glance does not make it easy for women to see the value in martial arts. Fortunately most martial arts has now evolved past the shaven head angry man hating female instructor that taught self defense in women only classes.
7 Great reason women love martial arts.
1. Modern, evolved martial arts teach a valid well thought out structured self defense component that:
2. Heightens awareness, an absolute must as avoidance and assertion are prerequisites that can dissipate a violent interaction well before it gets physical.
3. Teaches self defense techniques as part of a wider curriculum that are easy to learn and effective, taking into account the differences between men and women in self defense.
4. Gets you in the shape of your life, improving fitness, flexibility and tone.
5. Is the only system of training that has a structured 10 level grading system designed to challenge and stimulate you, taking you to new levels of achievement at regular intervals.
6. Their are now plenty of women training in this once men only domain, infact in schools like Northstar, the classes are evenly stacked and the top trainers are women. So you are most welcome.
7. You will be learning a lifestyle surrounded by positive like minded people making friends for life.
Northstar Ju Jitsu is also taught by senior Black Belts at their own studios'.
These are independently run from the Headquarters .Andy Dickinson Sensei is the head of and founder of Northstar Ju Jitsu and oversees the teaching of his program.
All Black Belts are graded by Andy Dickinson Sensei.