Why men should do martial arts
Depending on the martial arts you choose you will gain different things from the list below. Though the ultimate is to be able to cancel your gym membership because all your body, mind, spirit desires are being satisfied by your martial arts. Being that most people are time poor (busy) they want bang from their buck or rather bang for their time. So a martial art that gets you fit and flexible at the same time as learning self-defense skills and develops a calm attitude would be most advantageous.
- It will get you in incredible shape. Shift the unwanted kilograms, improve your cardio fitness.
- Teaches you the skills of self-defense that can be used for self-protection. But more importantly develops a sense of awareness enabling you to avoid fights with dignity.
- Has a ready in built structured and goal setting and rewards based system called grading designed to keep you motivated and focused as you are challenged by new material and levels of competence.
- By learning to control the body and mind in new ways you develop confidence, self-esteem and a calm resilience enabling you through times of stress.
- Gives you the opportunity to test your resolve and build courage by participation in safe controlled yet robust free sparring.
- Make long term friends and enjoy socializing with like-minded people.
- By learning and not hiding from the part of men that can be violent you learn to temper the killer instinct and choose a more appropriate response to all conflict propagating and spreading peace with in the family, friends, community and world.
Northstar Ju Jitsu is also taught by senior Black Belts at their own studios'.
These are independently run from the Headquarters .Andy Dickinson Sensei is the head of and founder of Northstar Ju Jitsu and oversees the teaching of his program.
All Black Belts are graded by Andy Dickinson Sensei.