White to Green Belt
White to green belt
When you join as a member you will receive a new uniform. The uniform and belt are white. Everyone wears the same uniform, with different coloured belts indicating students with more experience. You may also see some trainers wearing a Black Uniform, this indicates that they are fully qualified Instructors. The white belt and white uniform is symbolic and indicates that you are commencing from the beginning and are basically a clean slate ready to learn. After 10 lessons you are ready for your yellow belt grading. Ten lessons would take you about 6 weeks of consistent training. This will be conducted by Andy Dickinson. The grading is not difficult and you will be well prepared. At your first grading (white to yellow belt) you would have established a regular training practice therefore will be fitter and stronger and more centred than before. From yellow belt it is 15 lessons to green tip then 20 lessons to green. If you can commit for 6 months and get your green belt, you are well on your way.
What to expect by green belt (6+ months of training)
- Discover how a dojo (training place) runs and how to act during the class. We will discuss topics such as self control, self discipline and self knowledge.
- Learn the movements of a boxer, how to hold up your hands, how to punch and more importantly how to avoid being hit.
- Experience the awesome kicking systems of Taekwondo and Kickboxing.
- Learn simple Ju Jitsu and Judo moves.
- Sweat it out and tone up in a high energy, high intensity work out.
- Progress over time to be able to do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 squats.
- Learn how to control the distance between you and anyone else.
- Learn how to successfully control fear and panic and how to cope with stress.
- Start to master the concept of centering and becoming present.
- Be part of a positive, motivated and respectful group of like minded people that are interested in becoming better physically, mentally and spiritual
Latest posts by Sensei (see all)
- What are the qualities of a traditional Martial Arts Dojo? - June 7, 2019
- Why is Northstar Ju Jitsu referred to the art of peace - May 29, 2019
- Is my child learning enough? - April 3, 2019