Bowen Street Community Centre,102 Bowen Street, Camberwell, VIC
Affinity Martial Arts programs are based on the Northstar Ju Jitsu martial arts system developed by Sensei Andy Dickinson and specifically suited to our modern, hectic lives as a practice for self-defence, fitness and personal growth.
Head instructor and owner John Cooksey has over 15 years experience with NSJJ with highlights that include:
- 2nd Dan Black Belt & Instructor (NSJJ)
- Level 2 National Coaching Accreditation Scheme coach
- Founded Esprit Martial Arts with NSJJ (in Sydney)
- his two children becoming Junior Black Belts and well on their way to achieving their Adult Black Belt and instructor qualifications
John has a unique sports psychology and business consulting background with many program clients such as the AFL, NSW Institute of Sport, Anglicare, Northcott Society, Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Cricket NSW and the Australian College of Applied Psychology.
Affinity programs are conducted at a convenient location for individuals, small group or organisations with a modern focus on the core benefits of traditional martial arts training:
- increased strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and fitness
- improved self-esteem, concentration, behavior, self-control, and social skills
- understand personal strengths and weaknesses
- better appreciate the concepts of discipline, respect, and the value of perseverance
- become intrinsically motivated to exercise, learn and achieve goals
To learn more about our ‘Martial Arts Bootcamps’, ‘Self Defence Sessions’ or ‘Connecting for Change Workshop’ please contact John via
Beginners welcome in every class.
Bowen Street Community Centre,
102 Bowen Street, Camberwell, VIC
See you at the Dojo!
At Northstar Ju Jitsu you will learn immediate and practical fighting skills. Simple defensive combinations are taught in all ranges of fighting.
Even after your first lesson, you will have skills that stay with you for life.