- Techniques must be simple and effective and easy to learn for both men and women.
- You have to be prepared for at least 2 if not several opponents.
- You have to remain standing at all costs but still know ground defence if needed.
- There may be weapons involved.
- You must be prepared to defend yourself in what ever you are wearing so the techniques cannot be clothes restrictive.
- Be prepared to defend yourself any time of the day in any location, and have effective strategies to be able to deal with immediate confrontation and violence.
- You have to be prepared to fight on all surfaces and in all confined areas.
- Your initial techniques must break balance and strike weak points causing maximum damage.
- Throws are only employed after an opponent’s balance has been broken and if they can be easily executed.
Effectiveness is the key. After all the training you have to have faith that it will work under pressure. Training in Shinbudo, you can be confident that all aspects of the 10 points to effective self defence and much more is covered in each class.