Shinbudo is a generic term which simply means “the true and original” path of Martial Arts. It is a system of martial arts that has been created in Australia that caters specifically for the needs of our times
Yes students start at white belt and are graded all the way to Black. It takes about 3 months between belts and about 3 years of regular training to Black.
From the first lesson you will learn basic self-defense that can be used immediately.
You will learn how to
- Fight effectively using punching and kicking
- Control your attacker immediately by avoiding his strikes
- Deliver powerful kicks and punches of your own.
- Throw your opponent to the ground.
- Easily control your attacker using a series of holds locks and chokes.
- Meditation and relaxation.
Each class involves
- Full set of stretching exercises
- All round body conditioning
- Cardiovascular fitness.
- “Safety is stressed from the start; all classes are run by experienced, fully qualified instructors.”
We encourage you to call, discuss your needs then book in for an intro class.
Classes are on going and new enrolments are always accepted. Classes are designed to cater for beginners and experienced Martial artists.
It depends on how often you can train and your level of commitment. We will sit down and discuss the membership options with you when you come in.
- Adult classes are 1 hour.
- Children’s classes range from 30 to 50 min.
The Northstar Studio’s are at:
- 372 Darling St Balmain.
- 224 Falcon St North Sydney.
We have special classes for 3-5 years called Mini Mites. These classes are through the day and on weekend. More info
It really depends on your schedule. For children we recommend once per week, for adults we have classes every day of the week.
If you are generally fit and healthy we start students at any age. We grade many students to Black Belt in their late 40’s to mid 50’s.
We say that if you can lift out of bed, you are fit enough to train. There is no pressure to have to do or keep up with the exercises. You go at your own pave and slowly improve over time. We are committed to your ongoing health and vitality….long term.
Our classes are well attended by both girls and boys in the children’s classes and men and women in the adult’s classes. We have both male and female trainers.
To your first class wear light work out gear; shorts, trackies, T shirt, that kind or thing. We don’t wear shoes in class. Once you start training regularly you will receive a white uniform as part of the membership package.
Children’s classes are $16 per class.
Adults depends on how many times a week you train. The average is about $10 per class.