How to get started
When you arrive at class you will be welcomed by our friendly and professional Northstar Staff. At your first lesson, you will fill in some basic details, so you might want to come to class a couple of minutes early. You will receive all the latest information on, class times, membership plans and how to get your best value for your time and money.
New people start training with us at every class. Don’t worry, it does not matter if you have not worked out for a while, you will soon find your own level in class. We want you to get the most out of your class so our trainers are taught to be interactive with the group. We pay particular attention to new people and will assist you as much as we can during the class. We recommend comfortable work out gear.
The following summary is a brief on what to expect to achieve as a beginner
- Discover how a dojo (training place) runs and how to act during the class. We will discuss topics such as self control, self discipline and self knowledge.
- Learn the movements of a boxer, how to hold up your hands, how to punch and more importantly how to avoid being hit.
- Experience the awesome kicking systems of Taekwondo and Kickboxing.
- Learn simple Ju Jitsu and Judo moves.
- Sweat it out and tone up in a high energy, high intensity work out.
- Progress over time to be able to do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 squats.
- Learn how to control the distance between you and anyone else.
- Learn how to successfully control fear and panic and how to cope with stress.
- Start to master the concept of centering and becoming present.
- Be part of a positive, motivated and respectful group of like minded people that are interested in becoming better physically, mentally and spiritual