“A Black Belt is a White Belt that never quits.”
Both winning and giving up are habits to learn. I was fortunate enough to learn very young that if I really wanted to have something, I had to knuckle down to get it. Being determined to do something is a fantastic trait. Determination requires a single minded focus and an unshakeable belief that the result is definitely worth the effort. I have learned a few important lessons around determination:
The entire world will move aside for a person who is determined.
1. Nothing worth while is easy.
2. Don’t just give up when it gets tough. That’s too easy.
3. Be determined and also be sensible/realistic.
4. Be very careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
5. Don’t sacrifice family and friends. Take care of them along the way.
6. Be prepared to change along the way, things happen.
7. Be present and enjoy the journey