You can get all the update info on Northstar events and training by visiting this site weekly. We are in the process of setting up more resource information for you, but in the mean time you if you go the resource section you will be able to get information on Adults syllabus, you tube videos on technique and the history of Northstar and the martial art we teach called “Shinbudo”. There is also an events page on the homepage, just click on the tab and see the info. The grading register for the children is now closed. We have quickly reached capacity. Adults grading register is still open. For those children that have missed out, we sincerely apologize as we are really controlled by hall availability. We will run an extra grading early 2012.
For the last week the talk has been “stillness”. We will be continuing this week as well. As we get closer to the end of the year, things can get a little frantic, so remembering the backdrop of stillness is always handy.
Looking forward to seeing you in class.
Make it count
Our lives are really full. There is a powerful pre occupation with “doing” that keeps us really busy. We step out into this world from the cocoon of our parents and launch ourselves onto the treadmill of life. As life gains momentum we zing past events and quickly move onto something new and what was recently experienced becomes a memory, stacked onto other memories that fade into the backdrop of our thinking.
Red Belt Adult Sparring.
Be part of the grading of the “red to black belts.” Come and take part in the sparring on Saturday 3rd Dec 3.30pm, for women and 4.00pm for men.
To register please email email@example.com
Adult Pre Grading Training Intensives.
White to Green. Sat 26th 3.30pm. Cost $30
Blue Tip to Brown Tip Sat 26th 4.30pm $30
2 Training Credits.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Developing a Black Belt Attitude: Stillness.
- No movement in body or mind. Sitting completely still free from attachment.
- The pure neutral state that all movement arises from.
- Stillness is the one constant that cannot be changed, moved or manipulated.
- Once an awareness of stillness has been realized you can learn to tap into its vast space and see all movement on a physical and mental level..
- Remembering to take 2 or 3 deep breathes before any conflict can quickly connect you to stillness. This will in effect put the mind into neutral and allow you to clearly see what is needed void of what you “think” is needed.
- Being still and neutral, ready to respond is the calling of the spiritual warrior.
- This is far more evolved than being aggressive and angry ready to react.
- Stillness is absorbed in the present moment. Make friends with the present moment.
- Ways to connect with stillness: Pay attention to the working surface. Watch the hands in motion. Just listen with out interrupting, meet your friends and family as if meeting them for the first time. Just say enough, do nothing unnecessary.
- Meditate on the breath. Let it all just be. Don’t try and force it, don’t try and force the mind to be still, just let it take care of itself. If the mind wanders, come back to the breath.
GRADING SUPER SESSION.
Grading Register is now OPEN.
Please read the details carefully below.
Sunday 4th December.
224 Falcon St North Sydney.
Grading commences 10am sharp, finishing between 11.30am and 12pm.
Cost $50. Cash or cheque only. Payment on the day.
Blue belt and above. Friday 2nd December 6.30pm. Balmain Dojo.
Red Belt Sparring. Saturday 3rd December 3.30pm. Balmain Dojo.
All belts. Sunday 4th December. 11.30am. North Sydney Dojo.
Cost White to Blue Tip: $50. Blue to Red $65.
To register, please send an email to email@example.com.
Include the following:
- Name of person going for grading.
- Current belt level.
- Current class (Mighty Mite, Junior or Shinbudo)
- Child’s age.
- The times for the children’s grading may vary slightly on the Sunday. We will let you know as soon as we see how many children register.
- Grading Register will close once we get to our capacity. It usually closes one week from grading.
- Adults and juniors please make sure that your sheets and cards (adults) are fully filled in.
Why we call it a “Super Session”
The reason that we call it a Super Session is because we get together as a community. For the adults it is a chance for all Shinbudo students to train and grade together. For the children it is a great opportunity to for parents and other family members to see how well they have been doing and celebrate their grading achievement. For some, it may not appear that your child is making progress but when you get a chance to see them excel at grading, it really shows how far they have come. You will also get the chance to see higher belts go for their grading including students going for Junior and Senior Black Belt.
Your first grading experience.
For many students, this may be your first grading experience. Don’t worry, if you have trained hard and do your best, you will be fine. You are graded on what you know, not on what you don’t know. Adult members, feel free to come and watch the adult red belts do their sparring on Saturday Balmain 3.30pm.
Most of all come and enjoy the experience of seeing ordinary people achieve an extraordinary result.
Helpful grading hints.
- Allow plenty of time to arrive and warm up.
- But if you are running late, don’t worry we will fit you in.
- Parking can be difficult if you are running late, take a breath and go around the block.
- Kindly note we do not take credit cards or accept IOU’s
- Bring friends and family to watch.
- Bring a camera.